The Department is responsible for information systems development, applied research, innovations and business development of efficient and competitive ICT solutions for the University and the wider national and international market.
Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Systems Development and Administration
- This section is responsible for user administration (setup and maintaining account), user assessment, user requirements gathering, systems maintenance, monitoring system performance, creating system files, software installation, upgrade, acceptance testing, reporting etc
- Setting up security policies for users, password and identity management, creation of new users, resetting of passwords and lock/unlock user accounts.
- This is a student Management System responsible for managing student’s bio data, admissions, students finance management, students’ portal, faculty portal and students career services
Research, Innovations and Business Development (RIBD) Section
- The development and review of ICT policies and strategies for the University,
- Development of proposals and concept papers for external projects and funding,
- Conduct of cutting-edge research and presentation of research papers,
- Software incubation,
- Nurturing and packaging of research outcomes into valuable products to meet the demands of the national and international community and
- ICT capacity building for the University and the National economy