The Department is responsible for specification, standardization, acquisition, deployment, support services for ICT equipment and management of a secure ICT network and web services. The sections and services are:
Equipment Maintenance and Support Services (EMSS) Section.
- Facilitation of meetings, functions and paperless presentations
- Printer installation, configuration and sharing
- Software Distribution/Upgrade and Installation
- Administration of University Anti-Virus
- Students online services
Network Infrastructure and Security (NIS) Section
- Planning, installation, support, maintenance and continuous improvement of the University communication infrastructure.
- Provision of internet/bandwidth
- Access to the University network is as per the network access policy.
- Administration of Eduroam (education in roaming) WIFI
- Installation of modern security systems
- Network connectivity to campuses
- Structured cabling
- The physical security of all computing and communication premises, computers, communication equipment and appliances, transmission paths and peripherals, security of all storage media for data, system software, application software and documentation, power systems supplying electrical power to network communication and computer systems.
- The logical security of data, information and information processing resources such as databases, computer programs, email records, servers, routers, switches and other network appliances.
- This section is also concerned with End Point Security/AV Systems, Network Security, IPS/IDS Systems, Threat Management and VPN
Multimedia and Web Services (MWS) Section
- Development, maintenance and updating of the University websites.
- Administration of University Corporate Email
- Developing user manuals,
- E-learning management and support,
- Management of web content for the University website,
- Application of multimedia services and systems to enhance teaching and learning process
- Provide end-user support for multimedia and web-based services
- Managing ICT help desk for both students and staff.