Network Infrastructure and Security (NIS) Section
Ethernet and Wireless connectivity
The Directorate also installed and facilitated the use of CCTV cameras in order to improve security in the university premises. The equipment is currently managed by the security office in the office of the University secretary but still maintained by DICTS. This also includes securing of the data center.
Network Infrastructure and Security (NIS) Section Key roles:-
- Planning, installation, support, maintenance and continuous improvement of the University communication infrastructure.
- Provision of internet/bandwidth
- Access to the University network is as per the network access policy.
- Administration of Eduroam (education in roaming) WIFI
- Installation of modern security systems
- Network connectivity to campuses
- Structured cabling
- The physical security of all computing and communication premises, computers, communication equipment and appliances, transmission paths and peripherals, security of all storage media for data, system software, application software and documentation, power systems supplying electrical power to network communication and computer systems.
- The logical security of data, information and information processing resources such as databases, computer programs, email records, servers, routers, switches and other network appliances.
- This section is also concerned with End Point Security/AV Systems, Network Security, IPS/IDS Systems, Threat Management and VPN